AgriBriefing is a media company with a focus on Agribusiness. By 2050, there will be an estimated 9 billion people to feed on the planet: they will need protein, they will demand more choice, and they will insist it is delivered in a sustainable manner.
Agriculture is the most important industry in world and is currently undergoing the biggest transformation in its history. Agribusinesses around the world need to connect with one another and share data, news, insight, and analysis that will help their companies survive and evolve to meet the needs of the consumer and our planet.
Urner Barry is the North American division of AgriBriefing. For over 160 years, Urner Barry has empowered people that feed the world. We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes, data, and analysis to influential players across the supply chain.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Junior Sales Associate will be responsible for creating sales opportunities of the complete range of Urner Barry’s products and services to existing clients. In this role, normal responsibilities include implementing the company’s sales strategy, identifying, and qualifying growth opportunities, consistently generating interest, and scheduling meetings with Account Managers in order to meet or exceed sales quota. Junior Sales Associate will be expected to field incoming calls, emails, and chats from existing customers as needed. Depending on company initiatives, job responsibilities may increase or change over time.
• Define and implementation sales strategy.
• Understanding of the sales process and consultative selling skills.
• Management of lead generation within current book of business.
• Consistent and on plan revenue delivery.
• Development of new revenue.
• Support of covered services.
• Contribution to highest levels of customer satisfaction.
• Professional interaction with UB staff.
• Sales Experience – two years preferred.
• Positive attitude.
• Confident and persistent.
• Creative ability and imagination.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent presentation and demonstration skills both in a group setting and, on the phone,
• Command of PC Windows environment including Microsoft Office.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of Urner Barry Inc to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers to type, file, perform clerical tasks, and/or operate a computer.
• Speaking/talking to express or exchange ideas or provide instructions
• Hearing with or without correction to perceive normal speaking levels. Must have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
• Sitting at a desk most of the time.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally and/or a negligible amount frequently.
• Standing/remaining upright on the feet periodically.
• Walking/moving about on feet to accomplish tasks, from one part of the office to another.
• Visual acuity with or without correction to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal, read extensively, operate office machines, and to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
• Base salary plus commission
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match
PERKS of WORKING at AGRIBRIEFING
• AgriBriefing is committed to offering employees flexible working post-pandemic and creating an environment where each employee can work in the manner that best supports their needs, the needs of their immediate team and that of our customers.
• This job will be based out of our Toms River office and employees will need to be able to come to the office at least 3 days per week.
• Employees are free to use the office facilities full time, or work from home the remaining 2 days per week.
• Initial probationary period of 90 days.
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754