By 2050 there will be an estimated 9 billion people to feed on the planet: they will need protein, they will demand more choice, and they will insist it is delivered in a sustainable manner. Agribusinesses around the world need to connect with one another and share data, news, insight and analysis that will help their companies survive and evolve to meet the needs of the consumer and our planet.
AgriBriefing supports an international community of agribusiness professionals, operating across multiple sectors of the value chain to improve yields, purchase more effectively and build better businesses. Our trusted brands deliver price reporting; premium news; analysis; data; insight and market intelligence.
Across AgriBriefing’s market intelligence businesses we provide the independent benchmarks around which agricultural inputs and produce are traded. Over 500,000 professionals in 150 countries rely on our publications, information services and events to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars.
We have offices in London, Paris, Toulouse and Toms River, NJ. This role is based in central London, but European and Worldwide travel will be required to support the events.
About the role:
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to develop and deliver the marketing efforts for our corporate events and commercial marketing solutions across two main brands: Feedinfo (intelligence for the animal nutrition industry), and Women in Food and Agriculture (community and knowledge sharing, to improve D&I within food and agriculture industries).
The role holder will work closely with Event Sales, Content and Operation teams and their stakeholders to deliver high quality, commercially successful events for a range of AgriBriefing brands.
AgriBriefing is a fast moving, entrepreneurial group and you’ll need to balance steering activity with rolling your sleeves up and helping to deliver it.
If you’re obsessed with commercial progress – seeing the direct correlation between your work and the revenue, excited by over-achieving on weekly and monthly targets, and excelling at creating an unmissable buzz around events, then this could be your ideal next role.
You’ll be hungry to make your mark, developing highly engaging and truly captivating communications and messaging, always looking for ways to improve your digital and offline marketing activity and not afraid to take risks.
We are a friendly, flat structured group and need a Marketing Manager who is good at building relationships and who thrives on working with a wide variety of stakeholders – inside the business and outside. You must have a highly collaborative, proactive style and love learning new things and dealing with change.
Day to day you’ll be working closely with other events specialists across the group both in the same office and remotely, to bring together high quality large events. You’ll be the marketing lead on these, ensuring appropriate plans are in place to deliver the event’s objectives on time and budget.
You’ll be expected to personally deliver much of the activity – we don’t have big teams and everyone is hands-on. We do however have access to in-house specialists in digital development and analytics who you can work with to deliver. You’ll be expected to put processes in place to measure the effectiveness of all marketing activity you carry out and build business cases for further investment.
In addition to leading and delivering on our events marketing, you will also be working with the wider marketing team and the sales and content teams to develop and promote our sponsored content portfolio of products, from podcasts and videos, to white papers and articles, and more.
As our teams are geographically spread, you’ll need strong project management skills to deliver work with many moving parts.
You’ll work with event managers onsite at events to make sure everything goes smoothly and our events deliver what they promise. Whilst you’ll be focussed on events you will occasionally be asked to help other marketers when we’re particularly busy, so this role gives plenty of opportunity to expand.
Required experience, skills and behaviours
• Solid experience as a senior marketing executive or marketing manager delivering a high volume of effective marketing activity across channels.
• Experience in marketing conferences.
• Proactive self-starter.
• Creative mindset – ability to develop compelling messaging and value statements.
• Results driven, commercial focus.
• Good understanding and experience of using marketing technology – CRM and email broadcast tools in particular.
• Deep experience using a range of common digital and offline channels including email, SEO, PPC, social media, PR, brochures and other collateral – ability to demonstrate how you’ve designed and implemented multi-channel campaigns to deliver good results.
• Confident working with internal and external stakeholders including high value clients.
• Knowledge of how to design tracking and reports with feedback cycles to ensure activity is measurable and insights are actionable.
• Skills to write good quality marketing copy.
• Good attention to detail and time management.
Desirable experience and skills
• Experience targeting senior executives in a B2B context.
• Experience using Salesforce for CRM – taking responsibility for data and business processes from a marketing perspective and getting value out of the system.
• Experience managing direct and dotted line reports when working in agile project-focussed environments.
If you think this is the role for you please explain why in a cover letter and email it, together with your CV, to the VP of Marketing, AgriBriefing Europe – Jo Goodwin: email@example.com