AgriBriefing is the world’s leading agribusiness media and intelligence company operating in market data and price discovery. Over 500,000 professionals across 150 countries rely on our information services to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars across the entire value chain. We’re a fast-growing private equity-backed group with offices in the UK, US and France.
Our flagship brands deliver premium data, news, and analysis via web platforms. These products rely on our team to continuously enhance them in line with client expectations and the product roadmaps, and fix any day to day issues quickly. We have chosen to use Umbraco open source CMS for our flagship products. The key responsibilities of the role will be first to understand how the existing services are built in order to fully support the backend Umbraco build, address any bugs and optimisation issues . Then the roleholder will work with other developers, the product manager and other stakeholders to deliver new features and enhancements.
The role suits someone with broad exposure to developing database driven sites in Umbraco, including working with solution architects on Azure infrastructure plus Azure Cognitive Search. You will be the sole Umbraco expert and will need to act as subject matter expert for it. We have other developers across the group including .Net developers who you will share knowledge and help upskill where necessary. We are a lean organisation and don’t have layers of hierarchy and support. It’s important that the role holder is prepared to take responsibility for all aspects of their work from start to finish and manages their own time to do this. On the flip side, you will be able to design your own processes and directly influence the work we deliver.
AgriBriefing currently operates a hybrid working policy, and the role is to be based either with access to the London or Moret-sur-Loing offices.
• Supporting the existing product – you will go through a process of learning the spec, code and points of weakness to monitor from existing external agency developers.
• Developing new client facing and back office features – working with the product manager and development lead to design optimal solutions with close attention to UX, operational requirements and overall cost to support.
• Work with the development team lead and other technical resources across AgriBriefing to design and implement appropriate test and release regimes for your work.
Required experience, skills and behaviours:
• .NET C# developer with strong experience building digital software using Umbraco 8 and ideally 9
• .Net Framework – MVC, .Net Core, API’s, SQL
• Experience building data-driven sites, ideally with Azure architecture.
• Experience extending and customising the Umbraco back office for content editors, using Umbraco membership features etc.
• Azure DevOps
• Fluent French and English
• You must be business-orientated and balance our commercial goals with customer experience
• Self-motivated and resilient.
Beneficial additional experience:
• Experience integrating Umbraco with Salesforce CRM (we use the Salesforce API with the Umbraco membership feature)
• Experience working with data in Azure AppInsights
• Azure Cognitive Search
If this is the role for you, please explain why in a cover letter and send, along with your CV to Emma Luetchford, Chief Marketing Officer: email@example.com